George Washington Carver was an American scientist, botanist, educator and inventor.
The aim of the award program is to:
- Recognize the accomplishments of Black students
- Encourage those students who improve the quality of life on our campus and in the community
- Acquaint the university community with the achievements and contributions of Black students
Category of Award
Undergraduate – Research
Two awards given:
- Social Sciences / Humanities
Nominee must be a current undergraduate student at Washington University in St. Louis who has done outstanding, original, and revealing research in any discipline.
Student can self-nominate or be nominated by Washington University administrators, academic advisors, faculty, staff and students.
Requirements for Nominee
Once a student has been nominated, they must submit the following documents.
- Research Paper (deadline to submit 5pm March 15, 2019)
- Research paper may have been written for other purposes (i.e., classes, research project, publications) but not previously submitted to this committee
- Research paper should be typed, double-spaced and properly documented (i.e., footnotes and bibliography).
- Interview will be scheduled after research paper is submitted.