John B. Ervin was the first African-American dean at Washington University in St. Louis.
The aim of the award program is to:
- Recognize the accomplishments of Black students
- Encourage those students who improve the quality of life on our campus and in the community
- Acquaint the university community with the achievements and contributions of Black students
Category of Award
(University College) Undergraduate/Graduate
Only Current University College students are eligible for this award. Student must have demonstrated a commitment to community service. Student must have a 3.0 or better GPA.
Student can self-nominate or be nominated by Washington University administrators, academic advisors, faculty, staff and students.
Requirements for Nominee
Once a student has been nominated, they must submit the following documents:
- Essay, 250 words or less, detailing community service activities
- Unofficial transcript
- Interview, will be scheduled after essay and transcript are submitted