Nelson Mandela, was an anti-apartheid activist. He became the first fully democratically elected President of South Africa.
The aim of the award program is to:
- Recognize the accomplishments of Black students
- Encourage those students who improve the quality of life on our campus and in the community
- Acquaint the university community with the achievements and contributions of Black students
Category of Award
Undergraduate – Leadership
Nominee must be a current undergraduate student leader at Washington University in St. Louis who creates a shared vision, elicits the strengths of others, perseveres in the face of adversity, and/or who inspires a grander vision.
Student can self-nominate or be nominated by Washington University administrators, academic advisers, faculty, staff and students.
Requirements for Nominee
Once a student has been nominated, they must submit the following documents:
- Essay 250 words or less, detailing all activities
- Current resume
- Interview will be scheduled after essay and resume are submitted.